This last week I attended the International Association of Business Communicators Entrepreneurial Special Interest Group. The topic was on how to leverage video. Here’s a quick summary of what I learned:
- You have 8 seconds to create a compelling intro or you’ve lost your audience.
- Music does wonders to enhance video productions.
- Optimize your video for mobile – think about how much time you spend on your phone or other mobile device.
- Videos should inform, educate, enlighten and engage. Engagement is defined as watching with attention and intention – intention to act.
- An effective video captures the essence of a story.
- A video is more emotional than fact-based.
- Videos are short movies designed to tell stories.
- Simplicity in videos goes a long way.
Videos really did kill the radio star. If your communications campaign doesn’t include video, it needs to.
Here’s a short promo video about LFD Communications: